The weather is kind of gorgeous across much of the United States right now.
Never mind that it's probably an ominous sign of our ever-changing climate — the sun is shining and life is grand!
I know it doesn't always seem like it, but there is truly so, so much to be happy about. Don't believe me? I'll prove it.
Here are 11 pieces of news from this week that will definitely boost your mood.
1. Holi, the Hindu festival of color, brings with it stunning photos in all shades of the rainbow.
This year, the Holi celebration will be March 12-13.
2. Starburst released a special single-flavor bag. (It's all pink. Duh.)
It's real and, frankly, long overdue.
IT’S TRUE! All pink packs are real, and they’re fabulous. #iampinkstarburst https://t.co/JypKvcXSGb— STARBURST (@STARBURST) 1488917291
3. A high school in Utah put in laundry machines and showers for its homeless students.
According to WGN in Chicago, East High School officials say they have up to 100 students who aren't able to shower or do laundry on a daily basis. And these aren't just "nice-to-haves"; evidence shows that when kids are embarrassed about their clothes or hygiene, they're more likely to skip school.
Bravo to the folks at East High for tackling the problem in the most direct way possible.
4. A sweet Facebook messaging robot is helping refugees navigate the difficult path to asylum.
Stanford University student Joshua Browder invented the technology to help people automatically fight parking tickets.
Now it's making a much bigger impact on people's lives by helping refugees figure out which applications they need, translating complex language into plain English for non-native speakers, and assisting in completing the necessary forms.
5. This touching photo of a young boy comforting his four-month-old brother with cancer.
"[Big brother] is here," he said, according to his mom, who took the photo. "Everything is OK."
#Throwback to when we were on our holiday. I was getting ready in the bathroom and husband was in the kitchen. The kids were quiet, especially Mr preschooler. You know the rules about when kids are quiet. I tiptoed to the lounge with my camera ready to catch anything they are doing. I was expecting my baby to be covered in Nutella or something but instead I saw this. My preschooler is telling his baby brother "Kuya (big brother) is here. Everything is ok". #myboys #bestbigbrother #documentinglittlemoments #mybabyloves #myheartandsoul #luckymummy
A post shared by Ms Chikee (@mschikee) on
6. These cute 'lil ramps are helping ducklings get in and out of a canal in Indianapolis.
Save. The. Ducks.
Indianapolis installs tiny ramps on canal to help save ducklings from drowning https://t.co/gTvptaXUda— FOX59 News (@FOX59 News) 1488987602
7. This professor whose kids wandered into the room while he was giving a live TV interview.
We are all the kid in the yellow shirt.
This professor’s kids hilariously interrupted his live interview!
This professor’s kids hilariously interrupted his live interview!Posted by Daily Mail on Friday, March 10, 2017
8. This video of actor Patrick Stewart ("Logan") and his adorable foster dog, Ginger.
The swimming lesson that wasn't. Our foster pibble Ginger is perfect afternoon company. @ASPCA @WagsandWalks… https://t.co/HwfjZ92w06— Patrick Stewart (@Patrick Stewart) 1489101578
"Pibble" is dog-owner for pit bull, by the way.
9. This Facebook group in Ohio that is hiding painted rocks to brighten the days of random strangers.
Because who doesn't love a little mystery and surprise?
10. This dude who PADDLEBOARDED across the Atlantic Ocean.
Apparently anything really is possible.
11. And this dad who had a touching talk with his son about getting bullied for having long hair.
"Just because you're unique and don't look like everyone else doesn't mean you're weird or that being different is a bad thing," he told his son.
Talking to my son about getting bullied about his long hair. I'm going to read him the comments.Posted by Isaac Irvine on Tuesday, March 7, 2017
See, good news is all around us, even when things feel bleak or scary or trying. You might have to look a little harder for it some days, but I promise you, it's worth it!