Thomas F. Wilson played one of the most recognizable villains in film history, Biff Tannen, in the "Back to the Future" series. So, understandably, he gets recognized wherever he goes for the iconic role.
The attention must be nice, but it has to get exhausting answering the same questions day in and day out about the films. So Wilson created a card that he carries with him to hand out to people that answers all the questions he gets asked on a daily basis.
- Going to the movies is a vital part of our culture and it will survive the ... ›
- Christopher Walken dancing in over 50 movies all perfectly spliced ... ›
- Disney Plus puts disclaimer on old movies that contain racist elements ›
The COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately affected diverse communities due largely in part to social factors such as inadequate access to housing, income, dietary options, education and employment — all of which have been shown to affect people's physical health.
Recognizing that inequity, Harlem-based chef JJ Johnson sought out to help his community maximize its health during the pandemic — one grain at a time.
Johnson manages FIELDTRIP, a health-focused restaurant that strives to bring people together through the celebration of rice, a grain found in cuisines of countless cultures.
"It was very important for me to show the world that places like Harlem want access to more health-conscious foods," Johnson said. "The people who live in Harlem should have the option to eat fresh, locally farmed and delicious food that other communities have access to."
Lack of education and access to those healthy food options is a primary driver of why 31% of adults in Harlem are struggling with obesity — the highest rate of any neighborhood in New York City and 7% higher than the average adult obesity rate across the five boroughs.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a lot of disruption to people's work and family balance as well as their educational pursuits. These days, people are required to do just about everything simultaneously as they attempt to handle business while taking care of their children.
Marcella, mother to a 10-month-old girl, received an email from one of her instructors at Fresno City College in California, requiring all students to turn on their cameras and microphones during class time.
The request makes sense being that online classes make it easier for some students to take advantage by ignoring the instructor.
- It's Black Breastfeeding Week. Wondering why? One gut-wrenching ... ›
- Working and breastfeeding is hard. Studies say support from ... ›
- Photo of police officer breastfeeding a stranger's hungry infant is ... ›
There are two conflicting viewpoints when it comes to addressing culture from that past that contains offensive elements that would never be acceptable today.
Some believe that old films, TV shows, music or books with out-of-date, offensive elements should be hidden from public view. While others think they should be used as valuable tools that help us learn from the past.
- Disney+ added disclaimer to problematic older films - Upworthy ›
- Pixar's upcoming animated film 'Onward' will feature Disney's first ... ›
- Disney+ warns viewers of "outdated cultural depictions" in classic ... ›