What if we used our privilege to help change the world in small but powerful and sustainable ways? These folks are doing it.
This is some amazing work they do; empowering local populations through helping to build schools, clean water systems, women's alternative income programs, medical centers, and a sustainable food supply. In addition to all of the win-win-wins that provides, this keeps big oil from buying up their land — and the rainforest — in order to ... well, you know the drill. Pun intended.
To date (December 2014), Change Heroes has accomplished a lot.
- 100+ schoolhouses Kenya, Sierra Leone, Ghana, China, India, Ecuador, Haiti, Nicaragua, Laos, and Tanzania
- Libraries in India and Bangladesh
- Water projects in Nepal
- Girls scholarships in India
- Anti-sex-trafficking work in Cambodia
- Over 5,000 people have given $3.33 a day for three months from over 40 countries.
- Campaigns have launched in Swedish, German, French, Spanish, and English.
- They plan to expand to hundreds of more cases in 2015.
- Approximately 154,000 people will be affected by the projects to date.
- Sierra Leone
They also have a page on their website that keeps updating how they're doing. Here's one from Dec. 10, 2014: