The Work These Folks Do Is Nothing Short Of Magic. Watch Closely — You Might Be Mesmerized.
What if we used our privilege to help change the world in small but powerful and sustainable ways? These folks are doing it.
This is some amazing work they do; empowering local populations through helping to build schools, clean water systems, women's alternative income programs, medical centers, and a sustainable food supply. In addition to all of the win-win-wins that provides, this keeps big oil from buying up their land — and the rainforest — in order to ... well, you know the drill. Pun intended.
To date (December 2014), Change Heroes has accomplished a lot.
- 100+ schoolhouses Kenya, Sierra Leone, Ghana, China, India, Ecuador, Haiti, Nicaragua, Laos, and Tanzania
- Libraries in India and Bangladesh
- Water projects in Nepal
- Girls scholarships in India
- Anti-sex-trafficking work in Cambodia
- Over 5,000 people have given $3.33 a day for three months from over 40 countries.
- Campaigns have launched in Swedish, German, French, Spanish, and English.
- They plan to expand to hundreds of more cases in 2015.
- Approximately 154,000 people will be affected by the projects to date.
- Sierra Leone
They also have a page on their website that keeps updating how they're doing. Here's one from Dec. 10, 2014: