Jack Black turns fan favorite 'Peaches' song into a delightful music video
That chorus is never leaving our minds.
In a film packed with Easter eggs and nods to the beloved game franchise, the ultimate fan favorite moment of “The Super Mario Bros Movie” has undoubtedly been when Bowser (voiced by the one, the only Jack Black) tinks the keys of a piano Elton John-style and belts out his burning, unbridled feelings for Princess Peach.If you haven’t heard it yet, you’re in for a treat. The song is both co-written and sung by Black, and the way he makes an earworm out of a chorus using one word, “Peaches,” alone is nothing short of masterful. It’s even eligible to win an Oscar, it’s that good.
Just when we thought it couldn’t get better, there’s now an official music video of the song. Black sports his own Bowser cosplay, wearing a dashing emerald suit, gold spiked boots and a flaming red hair piece that screams rock-and-roll. And of course, he plays a peach-colored piano, in a peach-colored room, with a framed photo of Princess Peach.
It really doesn’t get much better than that, does it?
The comments on the music video are almost (almost) as entertaining as the video itself.
“Textbook definition of ‘understanding the assignment!’ Jack Black is a true inspiration, no fear, all commitment! He’s super dedicated to making sure his performances are enjoyable & unforgettable by pouring everything he has into any job he takes! Mad respect!”
“This song may be goofy but Jack’s vocal range and control is astounding, I hope it wins some awards!”
“This needs to be in a museum because it is a MASTERPIECE.”
“My brain can't even comprehend how good this is. I'm so frustrated that it isn't at least 2 minutes longer so I just keep replaying it.”
And perhaps this comment best describes our collective feeling:
“Thanks Jack Black. As I get older, you inspire me to be OK letting my inner child out.”
Indeed, Jack Black is a national treasure. And now, so is this song.
- Jack Black shows off his impeccable impersonation of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson ›
- Jack Black serenading a 'School of Rock' fan has people celebrating the comedian's kindness ›
- Voice actor reimagines the 'Mario Bros.' trailer without Chris Pratt and people loved it ›
- Jack Black scores first solo Top 100 hit - Upworthy ›
- Boy sings 'Peaches' at talent show and all the kids join in - Upworthy ›
- Heavy metal singer call pop music a worse influence than metal - Upworthy ›
- Jack Black wins first ever Emmy for 'Kung Fu Panda' - Upworthy ›