You might remember our recent article filled with hilarious reality, "15 parenting comics that are almost too real."
Well, cartoonist and father of two Brian Gordon — who has an incredible ability to take the mundane and sometimes madding moments of parenthood and turn them into duck illustrations that leave you saying, "YES! This is my life!" and then laughing hysterically about it — shared another 17 of his Fowl Language Comics gems with us.
Gordon told me the best part about what he does is creating humor from real life that resonates with people — "[It] feels great to share a laugh over a mutual struggle," he said.
Once again, these parenting comics are perfect because they're so accurate.
"I love my kids more than life itself, but I find no joy reminding them for the millionth time to flush the toilet and wash their gross little hands," Gordon told me. Yep, he gets it.
When it comes to parenting, sometimes that saying is true: If we don't laugh, we'll cry. Parenting is awesome and difficult, the best thing and the hardest thing. And if we can't find the humor in it, it's a long, long journey.
So here's a little humor to shorten that journey a bit:
This one actually isn't funny, but it's so true and it's so real, and it's what we're all aiming for, right? In light of some of the difficult things that have been happening around the world, it's a nice note to end on.
Here's what Brian had to say about the last comic:
"I'm not actually trying to shirk all responsibility onto the kids or say that folks without kids can't do as much as anyone else. I'm just feeling overwhelmed by the day-to-day tragedies, both big and small. You listen to a song like Imagine and it just feels like a kick in the gut. Like ... yeah — why can't we just get our collective shit together and stop being so horrible to one another? Wildly naive, I know. But at the end of the day, I'm just trying to be one of the kind ones, and raise a couple more for backup."
And that's the thing — through all of the mundane stuff, the fun stuff, the hard stuff, the amazing stuff — that's what we're all trying to do: raise great kids.
Here's to keeping our senses of humor while we're doing it.
- Parents create a 'Common Sense Camp' to teach kids the life skills so many are lacking - Upworthy ›
- Man claims teaching kids they’re ‘the center of the universe’ will not ‘do you any favors’ - Upworthy ›
- Mom explains why children's don't owe their parents anything - Upworthy ›
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher admit they rarely bathe their kids - Upworthy ›
- Child development Phd shares parenting advice - Upworthy ›
- Wayne Brady will co-parent his ex-wife's child - Upworthy ›
- Truths about parenting people should know before having kids - Upworthy ›
- This comic from The Oatmeal illustrates how we're missing the mark on happiness. - Upworthy ›