- At 1:20, Poppy discusses the rapists' impressive resumes.
- At 1:54, Poppy says alcohol was a factor in their decision to rape.
- At 2:20, Poppy speaks as though they are brave for apologizing.
- At 3:27, Poppy tries to make us feel bad for them some more.
- At 4:34, Candy makes a passing mention of the actual victim, then gets to the important part: asking how the conviction will make the rapists' lives harder.
- And at 5:18, they report that some sex offenders will have to be registered as sex offenders. Shocked, I say, shocked.
If you want something actually productive to do with your anger after watching CNN's awful coverage, then sign this petition to educate high school coaches on sexual assault, so they in turn can educate their players. And then please share this so they never report like this again.
UPDATE: I've seen a post from someone who shared this stating that one of the newscasters should see what it's like to be sexually assaulted. If you write something like that, you are part of the problem. This isn't about vengeance, this is about holding people accountable and getting them to cover these cases with more substance. Please be respectful when you comment, and do not threaten people.