For a long time, good news for America was all too rare.
But slowly but surely, that's changing.
There are many reasons to believe the good ol' U.S. of A. is back on track in 2015.
And they deserve to be celebrated.
The most American way possible: With epic slam dunks.
Boo. Yah. America.
1. 11 years ago, only one state — Massachusetts — had full marriage equality. Now, all 50 do.
2. Since the main provisions of the Affordable Care Act (aka "Obamacare") took effect in 2013, the number of Americans without health insurance has plummeted more than 30%.
3. According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, greater use of birth control among sexually active teenagers has contributed to the lowest teen pregnancy rate since 1991.
4. Since 1965, the smoking rate in America has been cut by more than half.
5. Unemployment in the U.S. is down 47% since its peak in 2009.
6. The three highest-rated network TV dramas with viewers age 18-49 in the 2014-2015 season are produced by and starring people of color.
7. Solar power installations are 17 times more common in the U.S. than it was just seven years ago.
8. Because of the expansion of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, 1.4 million undocumented immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children no longer have to fear deportation.
9. The number of unsheltered homeless people in the United States has declined more than 30% since 2007.
10. Three American cities — Los Angeles, Seattle, and San Francisco, will all have a $15 minimum wage within six years.
11. Babies born in 2012 are expected to live longer — on average — than any Americans in history.
Now THAT'S good news.
Keep on dunking, America.