These 13 men believe nothing is manlier than being a good dad.
Quick, what are the first thoughts that come to mind when you think about dads?
Yikes, let's hope not, because that couldn't be further from the truth.
For starters, many modern dads are loving, nurturing, attentive, and intrinsically motivated to be helpful.
When our babies decide to, you know, empty themselves on themselves, we jump on top of those dirty diapers faster than a linebacker jumps on a fumble in the end zone.
Why? It's not because we want to be fair to our spouses. It's simply because we want to.
So is that a big deal? Not really.
The beauty of fatherhood today is we (modern dads) have zero interest in winning awards for doing what we're supposed to do as parents, but we definitely want the world to know that we exist.
Dads do care. See how these 13 men demonstrate how they embrace the role of "dad."
1. We have the tools to get the job done.
2. We're always up for a game of peekaboo.
3. We handle the grocery shopping.
4. We believe in love at first sight.
5. We speak the truth.
6. We know that blood isn't as strong as love.
7. We know exactly how to unwind after a long day.
8. We follow directions.
9. We know that the lines between work and play are often blurred.
10. We know that saying goodbye to our kids is never easy.
11. We're creative.
12. We know that our bodies serve as excellent pillows.
13. We cherish every moment. Especially the quiet ones.
The way we do things may not be “mom's way" or even the “right way," but it's our way.
No matter how you slice it, the world is a better place because of the dads who strive to do the best they can for the tiny humans in their lives.