If there is ever a time to take stock of all of life's blessings, it's around Thanksgiving.
It's easy to get swept up the bustle and stress of our workdays, lose touch with old friends, or feel despair while watching the news.
This is the time of year to pause, celebrate the opportunities that lie ahead, and spend time with the people who matter most. It's the time to remember all we have to be grateful for.
1. Because giving thanks should be a way of life.
All illustrations by Jon Youshaei/EveryVowel. Used here with permission.
2. It's not about having the newest iPhone...
3. ...or the fastest WiFi.
4. Gratitude is an attitude.
5. Thanksgiving is about cherishing those around you above what you own.
And there are so many people we can each be grateful to have in our lives.
6. We can be grateful for friends who always have our backs...
7. ...and encourage us to be our weird selves.
8. We can be grateful for our parents.
9. Even if they’re sometimes overprotective...
10. ...and ask far too many questions.
11. We can be grateful to our mentors who give us advice...
12. ...and lift us up when we're falling behind.
13. Above all, we can celebrate our chance to experience the ups and downs of life and share it all with the people we love most.
You can find more cartoons like these at Every Vowel.