NRA Ad Stuns Conservative Pundits Into Speechlessness Followed By Really Articulate Rage
See if you can pinpoint the exact moment the crew over at "Morning Joe" completely abandons any semblance of support they might have ever had for the NRA.
Timestamps, should you need them:
- At 0:21 they run a portion of an actual ad made by actual people. But…
- At 0:52 the folks still can’t believe it’s real.
- At 1:03 Joe explains why being the president is a really awful thing to do to your family.
- At 1:53 Mika makes some casual, non-clinical, not-scathing-at-all, psychological diagnoses, and then gets all embarrassed.
- At 2:43 Joe drops the F-word. It’s totally warranted.
- At 3:12 a commentator thinks about the future and makes us all feel very gloomy.
- At 4:43 they’re STILL reminding each other that the ad is real, so…
- At 5:03 they double-check! “Oh great,” says Mika.
- At 5:36 they’re STILL-still not quite convinced the thing is real. What is "real," anyway? — it's like I’m back in college, in one of those so-very-postmodern lit theory classes. Then again, I’m not sure I can believe it either.
- And finally, at 6:14 Joe has a few choice words for the NRA, and Mika is "terrified."