History May Not Remember This Speech, But I Guarantee That You Will
Back in the dark ages of 2009, marriage equality had yet to become the law of the land in the state of New York. During a tense and uncertain debate, state Senator Diane Savino took the floor in support of the bill: What follows is seven minutes and 33 seconds that wasn't on the winning side that day but will definitely stand the test of time.
- [2:00] She really gets going.
- [3:00] She ramps it up with a great story.
- [4:30] She gets a notoriously tough room laughing.
- [5:30] She makes some excellent points about who’s really destroying marriage.
- [7:00] She might as well drop the mic and try to beat the traffic home.