EXCLUSIVE: This Is The First Poll Of 2012 That Actually Asks The Hard Questions
Stephen Colbert is leading Jon Stewart 3-to-1 among Republicans, 1 in 5 voters think their vote is worth $100 or less, and a majority of respondents would personally like to suppress someone's vote. Welcome to Upworthy's first-ever real live actual poll of swing-state voters, in partnership with our friends at Public Policy Polling.
1. More than twice as many people think polls are more often skewed when they favor the other candidate or party.
2. 1 in 5 Americans think that if their candidate loses, either human civilization will be doomed or America will cease to be a great nation and they will move to Canada.
Republicans are much more likely than Democrats to think that their guy losing will lead to the end of human civilization (19% to 11%).
3. In a hypothetical head-to-head presidential matchup between Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, Republicans would vote for Colbert 3-to-1 while Democrats would vote for Stewart 3-to-1.
Among all swing-state voters, Jon Stewart would just barely beat out Stephen Colbert, 33% to 31% (with 36% unsure).
4. And avant-garde stage performer Clint Eastwood would beat out erstwhile TV megahost Oprah Winfrey 42% to 38%.
Even after the whole chair thing.
5. Oh, and it looks like Obama and Romney are tied at... wait for it...
...47% to 47%. Seriously.
6. Since money in politics is such a hot topic this election season, we asked voters how much they thought their vote was worth, in U.S. dollars. Two-thirds of respondents think their vote is priceless, but 20% think their vote is worth $100 or less.
7. We asked self-proclaimed undecided voters if they were actually undecided or if they were just saying that because they were actually not planning to vote but didn’t want to be judged for that.
Boldly, 0% admitted that was the case.