Amy Poehler should be sitting on that stool. Here's why she's not.
A group of high-profile women highlight gender inequality in a clever way.
The Clinton Foundation's "No Ceilings" campaign released a star-studded video featuring the voices of Amy Poehler, Cameron Diaz, Sienna Miller, and Padma Lakshmi to illustrate just a few of the many challenges women face in the fight for equality.
These women are taking a stand, saying that we simply aren't there yet.
Additionally, a number of magazines are missing their cover girls. Brands ranging from Vogue to Allure are fighting for equal rights for women.
The No Ceilings website contains a lot of great information about the struggles remaining in the path to gender equality.
- The U.S. is 1 of only 9 countries worldwide that doesn't provide paid maternity leave.
- Women spend up to five more hours each day doing unpaid housework than men.
- Nearly 70% of countries' constitutions don't protect girls' rights to secondary school.
- In developing countries, 200 million fewer women have access to the Internet than men.
- 1 in 3 women are victims of sexual violence.
- The pay gap remains virtually unchanged over the past two decades.
democracy diversity and equality humanity and culture gender equality culture human rights education inequities schoolMore