15 epic adventures this boy's lost elephant toy went on thanks to Photoshop.
Instead of telling 4-year-old Colin that his toy elephant, Fezzik, had gotten lost, his parents decided to tell their son that the stuffed animal was simply traveling the world.
Losing a favorite toy can be a devastating experience for a child, so to make sure their story was especially convincing, Colin's parents turned to a friend of theirs, who posted a photo of Fezzik on Reddit along with his backstory.
Redditors immediately responded by digitally inserting Fezzik anywhere and everywhere you can imagine, all around the world.
Thanks to the quick and creative minds on Reddit who are incredibly handy with Photoshop, Colin's parents were able to turn a sad moment into an incredible global journey and learning experience for their son.
Here are 15 of the most exotic locales Fezzik the Elephant visited:
1. Here he is in France. Ooh la la!
2. Here he is walking across the Great Wall of China.
3. Fezzik danced the hula in Hawaii.
4. And enjoyed a gondola ride in Italy.
5. Fezzik hung out with Paddington Bear — another famous lost stuffed animal — in London.
6. And got to chill with a tiger at the Taj Mahal in India.
7. Fezzik even found time to go skydiving!
8. Here, Fezzik found himself among monks in Cambodia.
9. Before traveling to Egypt to see the pyramids.
10. And climbing the stone walls of Machu Picchu.
11. And sailing the ocean in Norway as a viking.
12. Finally, Fezzik found himself back with other elephants, like this one at Disney World.
13. And these elephants, wild like he was always meant to be.
14. Fezzik even found a fellow elephant interested in playing a lively game of soccer.
15. Even though Fezzik was miles away from Colin, Colin could sleep easily at night knowing that wherever Fezzik was, he was loved.
The family friend who posted the original request told everyone who participated in the Photoshop battle how moved Colin's parents were by their generosity and incredible pictures.
Colin's mom even wrote on Reddit to say that he's already begging to go to the library to check out books on places Fezzik visited on his many adventures.
This was a great way to turn a moment of loss into a positive learning experience for their son. Fezzik's adventures around the world prove there are ways parents can lessen the blow when it comes time for their child to let go of a toy or object that provides them with a sense of comfort.
Think of it as losing a special friend but gaining an exciting sense of adventure.