I might use some of these. You wanna join me?
Artist Caroline Caldwell is my new favorite human being.
She decided that people needed some ideas for how to compliment each other on things besides looks and physical appearance.
Why? Well ... the whole looks-complimenting thing is kinda played out dontcha think?
So she collaborated with fellow artist-writer Van Nguyen and bam.
Here are her non-physical appearance ideas, and I love them.
Just read these through a couple times and enjoy, then head on over to her site. Go on. I'll wait.
I'm writing them all out (with her permission, natch) so we can memorize them all and make the world a more fun place. You in?
Here we go.
COMPLIMENTS THAT ARENT ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
1. You're empowering.
2. I never thought fannypacks could look cool 'til you.
3. You're strong.
4. I'm so happy you exist.
5. It's nice to see such kindness.
6. I hope we know each other for a long time.
7. I bet if Britney Spears knew you, 2008 would've gone a lot differently.
8. I would trust you with my passwords.
9. You call your grandmom the exact right amount.
10. You inspire me to be a better person.
11. Your ideas matter.
12. You have great taste in ______.
13. You're so fun to talk to.
14. I bet you're amazing at chess.
Ahhh. That felt good. We all deserve to be seen (and complimented) like this.
Imagine what it would feel like to be walking down the street and get one of these?
Better yet, imagine what it would feel like to give one? Well, you don't have to imagine. You have the words, you have the heart, you have the power, you have the force!
Go on out there and get to complimenting! Who knows what might happen.
And be on the look out for these compliments. Here's hoping we hear many more of them. <3