The 'Best Undocumented Golfer in America' is living proof of how immigrants make America a better place
Standing behind a tree on the sixth hole at Meadowlark Golf Course in Huntington Beach, California, I was in a predicament.
I was about 70 yards from the hole, but there was a large eucalyptus in my way. I grabbed my five wood to take a punch shot to get around the tree and set myself up for a clear route to the green.
"Take your body out of the shot," my friend Eduardo called from the golf cart. "Use your hands."
The punch plunked the ball about 40 yards, stopping in the center of the fairway. I was nicely set up for an easy third shot and, hopefully, par.
This was just one of the easily digestible tips I received that day from my buddy Eduardo Flores, or as I half-jokingly call him, The Best Undocumented Golfer in America.
- 'King' of golf Arnold Palmer left behind a legacy of giving back ... ›
- The awesome reason this 'golf' game is taking the world by storm ... ›
- This Is What Happens When You Let Politicians Write Their Own Rules ›
- A submarine just took humans deeper into the ocean than ever ... ›
- This week in black women: a royal wedding and the best golfer you ... ›
- 5 Black Women Were Told to Golf Faster. Then the Club Called the ... ›
- A group of black woman say cops were called on them for golfing ... ›
- Golfing - Lake Havasu City ›
- Estes Park Golfing | Estes Park Outdoor Activities | Estes Park CVB ›
- Golfer ›
- Golfing - Urban Dictionary ›
- Canadian artist dumped after his 'Pulitzer Prize–worthy' cartoon of ... ›
- Golfing | Definition of Golfing at Dictionary.com ›
- EXTREME GOLFING - YouTube ›
- Are you golfing or playing golf? Washington Post readers debate ... ›