To ease the stigma of addiction, this mother sends letters to strangers who've lost children to overdoses
The number of people dying from drug overdoses in the U.S. is staggering. In 2017, 70,237 people died from drug overdoses, 47,600 of those were from opioids.
According to the CDC, that number has increased over five times since 1999. Since 2011, an alarming number of opioid deaths have been caused by fentanyl, a highly potent synthetic opioid.
- Springfield former cheerleader overdoses on heroin; mother speaks ... ›
- The Stigma of Drug Overdose: A Mother's Story ›
- It's Time to Erase the Stigma of Opioid Addiction ›
- 'The stigma is the worst part': Mother remembers son lost to opioid ... ›
- Overcoming Drug Overdose Stigma: A Mother's Plea to Pastors and ... ›
- Months After Her Daughter Overdosed And Died, Mom Says Stigma ... ›
- Grieving Sunriver mother fights stigma of opioid addiction ... ›