Andy Grammer, the pop singer and songwriter behind feel-good tunes like "Keep Your Head Up," "Back Home," and "Don't Give Up on Me," has a new album out—and it is seriously fabulous. Titled simply "Naive," Grammer says it's "all about how seeing the good in todays world can feel like a rebellious act."
"I wrote this album for the light bringers," Grammer shared on Facebook. "The people who choose to see the good even in the overwhelming chaos of the bad. The smilers who fight brick by brick to build an authentic smile everyday, even when it seems like an impossible thing to do. For those who have been marginalized as 'sweet' or 'cute' or 'less powerful' for being overly positive. To me optimism is a war to be fought, possibly the most important one. If I am speaking to you and you are relating to it then know I made this album for you. You are my tribe. I love you and I hope it serves you. Don't let the world turn down your shine, we all so badly need it."
Reading that, it's easy to think maybe he really is naive, but Grammer's positivity isn't due to nothing difficult ever happening in his life. His mom, Kathy, died of breast cancer when Grammer was 25. He and his mother were very close, and her life and death had a huge impact on him.
- ANDY GRAMMER - Green Music Center ›
- Andy Grammer on Spotify ›
- Andy Grammer (@andygrammer) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Andy Grammer and His Wife Aijia Are 'Working on' Having More ... ›
- Andy Grammer - Home | Facebook ›
- Andy Grammer - "Don't Give Up On Me" [Official Video from the Five ... ›
- Andy Grammer (@andygrammer) | Twitter ›
- Andy Grammer - YouTube ›
- Andy Grammer - Wikipedia ›
- Andy Grammer › Official Site ›