Every generation has its own sense of humor. Older generations just don't get it and the younger ones just can't understand it.
Generation X had a love of irony. In the '90s, they wore old T-Shirts of bands they didn't like and laughed at obscure references in music and films. "Pulp Fiction," anybody?
Millennials are a much more sincere group with a shared love of the absurd. Shows like "Rick and Morty" and "The Eric Andre Show" are great examples.
- Opinion | Go Ahead, Millennials, Destroy Us - The New York Times ›
- 'Horrifyingly absurd': how did millennial comedy get so surreal ... ›
- By age 35, you should have saved up enough despair to understand ... ›
- Why do millennials want to die? : OutOfTheLoop ›
- Is the snowflake generation really about to kill off comedy? | The ... ›
- Why does everyone on the internet want to die? How suicide memes ... ›
- Why millennials are making memes about wanting to die | Salon.com ›