Michael Coyne is a Special Olympics Athlete living with Autism, bipolar disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
But what his character is defined by is determination.
After becoming an adult, Coyne had a hard time finding a job. "After I turned 21, I applied to multiple places. None of them would hire me," Michael Coyne said according to People.
So he enrolled in business classes through Rhode Island's Developmental Disabilities Council. After completing his classes, Coyne and his mother, Sheila, teamed up to open a coffee shop that's inclusive for people with disabilities.
- Autistic Children Help at Coffee Shop in N.J. School - The New York ... ›
- After being denied employment, man with autism opens his own ... ›
- Man with Autism Opens His Own Coffee Shop After Struggling to ... ›
- Leesburg church opens coffee shop run by young adults with autism ... ›
- Man with autism opens coffee shop after struggling to find job ›
- Autism Mom Opens Coffee Shop To Help Adults With Disabilities ... ›
- Carly's Café - Experience Autism Through Carly's Eyes - YouTube ›
- Bitty & Beau's Coffee | It's More Than A Cup Of Coffee ›