Women shouldn't have to dress for the male gaze.
One of the major differences between women and men is that women are often judged based on their looks rather than their character or abilities.
"Men as well as women tend to establish the worth of individual women primarily by the way their body looks, research shows. We do not do this when we evaluate men," Naomi Ellemers Ph.D. wrote in Psychology Today.
Dr. Ellers believes that this tendency to judge a woman solely on her looks causes them to be seen as an object rather than a person.
- KGW-TV anchor gives on-air rebuttal to viewer critique of attire ... ›
- Nick in the AM: On TV, former Peorian Maggie Vespa rebuts clothing ... ›
- KGW's Maggie Vespa's response to a viewer's complaint about her ... ›
- KGW's own Maggie Vespa delivers empowering words to online bully ›
- KGW-TV anchor Maggie Vespa hits back at male viewer with on-air ... ›
- Maggie Vespa, KGW Reporter | kgw.com ›
- Maggie Vespa KGW - Home | Facebook ›
- Maggie Vespa KGW (@Maggie_Vespa) | Twitter ›