Christian ‘purity’ leader Joshua Harris distances himself from his faith and apologizes to LGBTQ community
In 1997, at just 21 years old, Joshua Harris wrote the Christian book, "I Kissed Dating Goodbye," which instantly made him a leader in the "purity" movement.
At the time, he was a virgin who had been home-schooled his entire life.
His book claimed that dating was a "training ground for divorce" and discouraged teenage relationships in favor of "courting." It also encouraged parental involvement in relationships and forbade any kind of physical intimacy.
The book instilled suspicion about relationships in young people and caused many to marry the first person they "courted." It also promoted the idea that sex was wrong and impure.
- Author of bestselling Christian book apologizes to LGBTQ community ›
- 'I Kissed Dating Goodbye' author who renounced Christianity ... ›
- After U-turn on homosexuality, 'I Kissed Dating Goodbye' author ... ›
- Josh Harris' Gay Pride Posts Raise Questions | Julie Roys ›
- Christian author Joshua Harris is sorry for the damage he did. Now ... ›
- Joshua Harris, a former pastor who wrote relationship book, says his ... ›
- Joshua Harris & Evangelical Purity Culture: On the Legacy of a Lost ... ›
- Purity Expert Josh Harris Announces 'I am Not a Christian ... ›
- Joshua Harris Attends LGBT Pride Event Just Weeks after ... ›
- Joshua Harris marches in pride parade after apologizing to LGBT ... ›