Flowers are a great way to express your feelings for someone. Red roses say, "I love you," but a whole garden of pink flowers screams it. One husband took the romantic gesture of getting your wife flowers to the next level.
Mr. and Mrs. Kuroki got married in 1956, and Mrs. Kuroki joined her husband on his dairy farm in Shintomi, Japan, The Telegraph reports. The couple lived a full life and had two kids. After 30 years of marriage, the couple planned on retiring and traveling around Japan, but those plans were soon dashed.
When she was 52, Mrs. Kuroki lost her vision due to complications from diabetes. Her blindness hit her hard, and she began staying inside all day. Mr. Kuroki knew his wife was depressed and wanted to do something to cheer her up.
Mr. Kuroki noticed some people stopping to admire his small garden of pink shibazakura flowers (also known as moss phlox) and got an idea. He couldn't take his wife to see the world, so he had to make the world come to his wife.
- John McCain has died after a brave struggle with cancer. He was a ... ›
- A Korean festival just made 60 tons of free kimchi for those who ... ›
- 15 Countries. $150 Billion. 1 Incredible Student Film. - Upworthy ›
- 11 real-world forests that look like they're straight out of a fairytale ... ›
- Nature - Upworthy ›
- Upworthy ›
- The astonishing reason why women are excluded from making ... ›
- See 9 dazzling photos of the world's most colorful places, including ... ›
- A Japanese artist has completely transformed the art of balloon ... ›
- Introducing hanami: the Japanese tradition that'll make you fall in ... ›
- Welcome to ASIKAGA FLOWER PARK | Ashikaga Flower Park ›
- JAPAN FLOWERS AND PLANTS EXPORT ASSOCIATION | 全国花き ... ›
- 10 Great Places To View Spring Flowers Around Japan | MATCHA ... ›
- Send Flowers to Japan - FTD International Flowers to Japan ›
- Japanese Flower Guide - Where to See Flowers in Japan During ... ›
- Hanakotoba - Wikipedia ›
- 10 beautiful Japanese flowers and their meanings | tsunagu Japan ›
- Flowers in Japan ›
- 20 Famous Flowers in Japan and Where to See Them | Compathy ... ›
- Hanakotoba: The Secret Meanings Behind 9 Flowers in Japan ›