The San Francisco Giants have announced that Alyssa Nakken will be an assistant on the team's coaching staff, making her the first female coach in Major League Baseball history.
Nakken first began working for the team in 2014 as an intern, and was promoted to lead many of the team's health and wellness events. Currently, she chairs a group that works to encourage diversity and equality in the Giants organization.
In December, she was nominated by her coworkers for the 2019 Sprinkles of Love Award which honors Giants employees for their ethics, professionalism and humanitarianism.
- Giants make Alyssa Nakken MLB's first female coach, Aubrey Huff... ›
- Alyssa Nakken is MLB's first female coach; will be Giants assistant ... ›
- SF Giants hire first woman MLB coach Alyssa Nakken ›
- Alyssa Nakken becomes first female full-time coach in MLB history ... ›
- San Francisco Giants hire 1st female coach in MLB history - ABC ... ›
- Giants make Alyssa Nakken first female coach in MLB history ›