The great thing about American democracy is the separation of powers. The federal government has rights, states have rights, counties have rights, cities have rights, and we, as people, have rights, too.
Heck, even animals have some rights in the good ol' U S of A.
The president of the United States is not a king or a dictator so a team of U.S. mayors, led by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, are asking to go over his head to negotiate directly at next month's UN climate change conference in Santiago, Chile.
- US mayors seek to bypass President with direct role at UN climate ... ›
- Bucking Trump, These Cities, States and Companies Commit to ... ›
- City mayors | Cities | The Guardian ›
- US mayors bypass Trump to back Paris climate goals ›
- Los Angeles | US news | The Guardian ›
- US mayors seek to bypass Trump with direct role at UN ... - undpi.org ›
- New Orleans | US news | The Guardian ›