Christina Hunger, 26, is a speech-language pathologist in San Diego, California who believes that "everyone deserves a voice."
Hunger works with one- and two-year-old children, many of which use adaptive devices to communicate. So she wondered what would happen if she taught her two-month-old puppy, a Catahoula/Blue Heeler named Stella, to do the same.
"If dogs can understand words we say to them, shouldn't they be able to say words to us? Can dogs use AAC to communicate with humans?" she wondered.
- Never Use Puppy Potty Pads... Ever - Dog Training in Maryland ... ›
- Pee Pad Training: Is it a good idea? ›
- Dog Potty-Training Cheat Sheet ›
- Web Video Captioning Style Guide - speechpad worker ›
- How to Potty Train Your Puppy With Potty Pads - YouTube ›
- How to Potty Train your Dog With Potty Pads - YouTube ›
- Potty-Pad Training Your Dog | Animal Humane Society ›
- Housetraining Dogs: Puppy Potty Pad and Paper Training ›