There is a strange right-wing logic that suggests when minorities fight for equal rights it's somehow a threat to the rights already held by those in the majority or who hold power.
Like when the Black Lives Matter movement started, many on the right claimed that fighting for black people to be treated equally somehow meant that other people's lives were not as valuable, leading to the short-lived All Lives Matter movement.
This same "oppressed majority" logic is behind the new Straight Pride movement which made headlines in August after its march through the streets of Boston.
- Dallas Straight Pride Event Brings Exactly Two People, Both From ... ›
- Literally Two People Showed Up to Dallas Straight Pride Event ›
- Only Four People Showed Up to Dallas Straight Pride and One ... ›
- Dallas had a “straight pride” parade & only four people showed up ... ›
- Straight Pride Parade | Dallas Special Events ›
- Dallas Straight Pride Was the Biggest Flop of All ›
- Straight Pride attracts a crowd of 2 - Dallas Voice ›