Few things are as heartwarming as humans helping one another, whether it's something practical, like assisting with a flat tire, or something more existential, like offering a kind word when someone's feeling down.
This week's list of things that made us smile has several examples of the latter—times where someone's support or words of encouragement made a difference. It's a good reminder that we're truly all in this together and that a connection between human hearts is really the most smile-worthy thing there is.
Hope you enjoy this week's collection!
1. A shared journal between a mom and her child is a touching reminder of a mother's love
Swipe through to see their back and forths. So beautiful.
2. This kiddo knows exactly how to be there for another person in the simplest of ways
Do you need space? Do you want me to be near you? That's how it's done. Just the willingness to sit with someone in their dark moments is so big sometimes.
3. Comedian gets Gen X giggling with song about life in the 90s
A hilarious trip down memory lane. Read the full story here.
4. Jon Batiste demonstrates his musical genre bending abilities with some Beethoven blues
Music is just so darn fun.
5. Speaking of musical abilities, check out this baby piano prodigy
Baby in diapers making triads and resolving chords like he was born for it. See more of Gavrill's musical abilities here.
6. Guy's grandma tells him not to open his gift til he gets home, which makes for an interesting airport experience
Airport Security said this is the second one they have seen today! #brettgaffneyforever #holidaytravel
Hahahaha. Way to go, granny. Good gift, though! Read the full story here.
7. If a friend is someone you can laugh with, these two are gonna be besties
Ah, the simple things in life.
8. Dad walks in on couple doing a TikTok challenge and his reaction is everything
@Matilde Morra #fyp #fypシ #boyfriend #couplegoals #omg #funny #couple #trending #new #foryoupage
When no reaction is the best reaction. Never has so much been said with such little expression. Read the full story here.
9. New York Knicks star invited his high school basketball coach to live with him after his wife of 31 years died
Mitchell Robinson's got a heart of gold. (He has 19 dogs, too.)
10. Find a friend who will joyfully pull you around in the snow like this doggo
That's what friends are for, right?
Hope you found some smiles in this week's list! If you'd like to receive posts like this one in your inbox, sign up for our free newsletter, The Upworthiest, here.